ICC Dasher 1.5 Release Notes
Release 1.5.5 - Build date: April 27, 2012 / Release date: April 28, 2012
- Added support for rendering the board using an SVG piece set. It allows for smoother look of pieces on today's higher resolution displays.
- Added support for logging application crashes. It aids developers in fixing crashes and related issues more efficiently. Error logs are uploaded only when Dasher is started the next time. Dasher asks for the user's consent to send the information to ICC's error log server on the first event. This selection can be changed later in Dasher's settings.
- Added configuration option to hide the ratings on the score sheet until end of the game. It can be enabled on the Playing tab of the Settings dialog at the middle-right.
- Fixed forgetting the password on checking off the corresponding checkbox.
- Fixed crash on multiple incoming challenges.
- Fixed crash occurred in the My Games window while pressing the End or Ctrl-Home keys.
- Fixed freeze when the game ended while the promotion dialog was open.
- Fixed loading games starting with black's move.
- Fixed errors on opening PGN files saved from other chess applications.
- Fixed the context menu of adjourned games, it just did not work before.
- Fixed cases when Dasher's internal Web browser went crazy due to the use of iframe based widgets on the Web pages opened.
- Fixed updating the country flags of players outside games, for example when it is shown on the finger window.
- Fixed wrong chat room (channel) names.
- Found a common installation problem: Flash works inside Dasher if Flash has been installed for Internet Explorer. The Firefox / Chrome Flash plugins do not work with Dasher. It cannot be fixed by Dasher. Please install Flash for Internet Explorer and restart Dasher to solve it.
Release 1.5.4 - Build date: November 21, 2011 / Release date: November 29, 2011
- Added support for multiple UI skins. (Window --> Skins)
- Added a new support tool, the Network Status Dialog. It allows for sending traceroute and ping reports to an ICC server to help the support team track down connection problems. (HELP --> Network Status)
- Added support for the DGT chess boards via DGT's own DLL. It allows for playing on DGT chess boards and showing clock values on the DGT XL clock in mode 23. It requires DGT's DLL being installed and working properly. (Edit --> Settings --> Playing 2)
- Fixed a bug caused the board to flip without any reason after making the first move.
- Fixed showing of the Login dialog on clicking the "Play Online" button on Windows 7.
- Fixed bugs that occasionally caused some of the settings to reset on program upgrades and in other cases.
- Fixed problem caused corruption of PGN files written out by Dasher 1.5.3 in some cases.
- Fixed saving of comments (move annotations) into PGN files.
- Fixed problem that caused the analysis engine to stop working if the user managed to click faster than the UI could deal with.
- Fixed showing of user names beginning with letter "C" in the My Chats menu.
- Fixed problem that prevented preserving and removing of quick commands.
- Fixed crash on low memory conditions when the user had many friends (notified users) logged in at the same time.
- Fixed a bug that caused the "Rematch" button not to appear in examine mode with "set examine on".
- Fixed playing of "has arrived" sound samples inconsistent with the arrival messages displayed. Now either both the message is displayed and the sound sample is played or none of them. It was not the case for the titled users before.
- The login process has been modified to prevent logging into the backup server (queen) unintentionally. Users still have the ability to log in to the backup server explicitly, while the selection of the anti-firewall settings is still automatic for convenience.
- Updated channel list to include "United States Chess League" for channel 129.
- Prevented showing of unnecessary error messages on saving examined games to the user's game library. (For example: "#1324247700" does not match any player's name exactly.)
Release 1.5.3 - Build date: July 6, 2011 / Release date: July 6, 2011
(Changes since Release 1.5.2)
- Fixed crash on saving the configuration options. This issue was introduced in Dasher 1.5.2 and happened in many situations related to the Settings dialog.
- The configuration option enabling the acceptance of challenges from users with provisional rating does not randomly reset itself any more.
- Fixed incorrect checkmate sound announcement on certain check moves.
- Commands sent by the helpers to channel chat are converted to clickable links even if the command inside the double quotes is started with an otherwise redundant slash character, like: "/finger Someone"
- Delivering the Stockfish engine as well as Crafty with Dasher. The default engine is now Stockfish, but Crafty remains configured on upgrades.
- Added configuration option to show/hide the country flags on the score sheet. It is to accommodate users who found the new colored flags disturbing while playing games.
Release 1.5.2 - Build date: June 18, 2011 / Release date: June 21, 2011
(Changes since Release 1.5.1)
- Added Country flags for games and profiles (Hover your mouse over the flag to reveal the Country name)
- Implemented notification of new chat messages that are hidden behind other windows
- Now Remembers the last server selected on login
- Server seletion now defaults to "Automatic" to try different routes if the first connection fails.
- Moved the pool buttons farther from the main menu items
- Grouped the "My..." toolbar buttons together for better organization
- Fixed UCI engine parsing issues
- Fixed problem uploading some PGN games to the server (examine mode)
- Fixed Installer to detect running application instance
- Do not mix up AI players and real chess server users
Release 1.5.1 - Build date: November 30, 2010 / Release date: December 1, 2010
(Changes since Release 1.5.0)
- Changes to improve translatability
- WCL version adds WCL channel
There are no new changes that affect users of the English ICC Dasher.
Release 1.5.0 - Build date: November 1, 2010 / Release date: November 2, 2010
(Changes since Release 1.4.1)
Revert to Main Line
Adds Revert to Main Line button in the board toolbar when in Examine Mode. Click on it to return to the actual game position after a side variation has been investigated.
Adds Lecture Marks button in the board toolbar when in Examine Mode. This brings up a menu for creating and deleting lecture marks on the board.
To create a lecture mark, make sure the type of mark you want to make is selected and then either right-click or right-drag on the board to make the mark. To mark a particular square or piece, you should right-click the square or piece. To draw an arrow or to drag out an affected area, you should hold down the right mouse button while dragging.
Color of Marks... brings up a dialog for choosing a color. The color will be applied to the next square highlighted or arrow drawn.
With Undo Last Mark you can undo marks one by one until all there are no more marks to undo. Or Delete All Marks to get rid of them all at once.
Adds Examine Commands button in the board toolbar when in Examine Mode. This brings up a menu of Examine Mode features that you'd otherwise have to type in commands to access.
Copy from Game... brings up a dialog where you can type a number of a current game. The current position will be copied into your examine board.
The keyboard shortcut for Copy from Game (Ctrl+G) is also available when you have a board open before you are in examine mode (as long as you are not playing a game.)
Set Game Info... invokes this dialog for setting all the PGN tags for a game:
- Fixed bug in parsing data from the server that could result in occasional random characters in the console and possibly crashes
- Fixed bug with using the settimecontrol command. Previously if you used settimecontrol and then immediately saved a PGN, the new time control would not be correct in the PGN TimeControl tag
Release Notes for Dasher 1.4
ICC Dasher is Copyright (C) 2006-2010 by Internet Chess Club, Inc.